Brock is back and he’s one-month-old and 4.5kg now! Vicki shows us how to put on a prefold on him, now that he’s a little bigger. She also shows us the contrast between the two different types of newborn prefolds we stock, the cotton and bamboo prefolds. If you’d like to learn more about the differences check out this blog.
Prefolds are a step up from flats so you can skip some of the more complicated parts of folding but they still have some challenges as Vicki shows us. Prefolds are a flexible and economical addition to any cloth nappy stash. If you’d like to learn more about prefolds check out our prefolds series here.
Read the transcript
– Hi, I’m Vicki from Bubblebubs, and I’m back with baby Brock today. He’s right about a month old, and about four and a half kilos now. So, what I want to do is show you how our small prefolds are fitting on him. And I do also have an infant prefold, as well, just to show you the difference there.
– When you get them, they’re pretty much the same size, but the difference with the bamboo stretchy prefolds is they stretch to fit around bubs, so you do get a little bit better fit. So, my favourite, my favourite fold is actually an angel wing fold. So, we just pop that in the cover there. You have been so good, thank you. Okay, so what we’re gonna do is we’re gonna bring the prefold up, and I just fold it over, like that, and bring the wings around. Like this.
– You can see there’s still heaps of room in this prefold. So, just giving it a nice stretch there and digging the snappy in like that. So, you can see, it’s really nice and stretchy, and it’s giving a really good fit there. And then obviously we just pop the cover on. But let me show you the cotton prefold. So, it doesn’t have the same sort of stretch. So, I’m not even sure if we’ll get this on him the same way. It’s kind of, I test this out as I video. And Brock is actually getting a bit tired and probably a bit annoyed with me changing his nappy over and over.
– So, what we do is, again we’re gonna bring it around. Okay. Look at that. We can still get it, that around him in an angel wing fold. Certainly not as easy to put on, because it is, it doesn’t have that stretch. So, I don’t know if you can see that I’m struggling a little bit to pull it around.
– So, yeah. It doesn’t really matter what the nappy kind of looks like. As you can see, it looks like a bit of a dog’s breakfast, but you know, I was never, I was never one to use flats and prefolds on my kids, I’ll be honest. But having said that, they’re a super convenient nappy.
– So, what we could do is if you just struggled too much to get him like that, we could just fold that up and use the cover to close it up like that. So, we can get, you know, the cover’s gonna do the containing in that particular instance. But cotton prefolds are super cheap and a great addition to a nappy stash, you know. Especially when you just need to bulk out. When it’s raining, you can’t get anything dry. Cotton prefolds will dry super fast. Hey!